Friday, July 26, 2013

And So It Begins...

It's here! It's here! Finally, the day I have dreamed of and thought about for so long has arrived! It feels unreal. I received my mission call in the mail today. I was getting ready for the day when I heard a truck outside. My heart sank and I rushed to the window to see if it was the mail. It was! I anxiously waited for the mailman to leave and as he did, I ran to the mailbox. I opened it and there in my hands laid the information to when and where I would be spending the next 18 months of my life in service. Tears of joy welled up in my eyes and I quickly called my family to let them know.

My family and friends gathered around and it was time. I nervously fumbled to opened the letter. I began to read and of course.. started crying, making it hard for people to hear but I managed to say Ogden Utah Mission! I report October 30th and I'll be preaching in the English language. I'm SOOOO excited! I've heard wonderful things about the place and many friends have family there. I'm going to be a missionary soon! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment