Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Conference Weekend!!

I can't believe it's Tuesday again.. Well this week has been packed full of wonderful things!

Events:
At District meeting, Sister Allen and I were in charge for a bit and played a game using scriptures. It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. 

On Thursday, we had zone conference! President and Sister Hiers talked about principles and patterns which was really good and then the AP's did a role play which was super helpful. As a missionary, you are constantly learning. It is CRAZY. There's so much to learn in such little time! Oh and there's a new rule now in our mission that we can only talk to people in the mission on Facebook. Sister Allen and I haven't been on a lot recently and it's great! Facebook is a big distraction sometimes and a temptation as well. So just note! If you want to talk to me, WRITE ME A LETTER OR EMAIL! 

On Friday, we helped move someone's stuff into their house with a ton of missionaries. I helped carry a dresser and felt pretty good about myself :) I'm strong! 

On Saturday..... GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! To sum the experience up: We left early so weren't able to listen to the morning session (bummer I know, I heard it was fantastic and President Monson talked about the youth celebration in AZ! Whoop whoop! Now every time I say where I'm from.. they talk about it haha). We got there and had to eat lunch really quick and then get to the conference center. Then, their translator radio thingumabobs stopped working so we had to go get different ones and then THOSE stopped working towards the end. HOWEVER, I think Bianca and Xochilt had a great time. We gave them little notebooks that say General Conference Notes on it and they took more notes than I thought they would! I really likes Richard G Scott's talk about how converts need to know God loves them perfectly and how we need to help them understand that. I also loved W Craig Zwick's talk. He shared the story about his wife jumping out of the semi truck with thier son because she thought they were going to die and she just wanted to save him! I loved that he talked about putting yourself in the other's shoes and the see through their eyes to eliminate miscommunication. 
 I'm so excited to read all the talks and be able to get more out of them. How amazing is it that we get to hear modern scripture! We are so blessed to have the resources and materials that we do. Sometimes we take them for granted, but my challenge for you all is to not! PLLLLEASE read the talk by D. Todd Christofferson called The Blessing of Scripture from April 2010. It is so easy to access this and you can even listen to it as you get ready in the morning. 

People:

Eli- We stopped by not expecting to have a lesson because they had family over but they eventually all left. We started to talk and came to find out that he isn't very interested. He doesn't want to be "a Mormon" and doesn't understand why he needs to worship God to have happiness. It was really sad to see his lack of faith and especially the fact that he is struggling but tries to not show it. We will be meeting with him tonight.

Darcy! We are teaching a 12 year old girl who is in Burch Creek's area but they wanted Sisters instead of Elders. We 2 really great lessons with her but haven't invited her to baptism yet. She has lots of questions but hasn't come out with any yet. 

Logan- Still unable to meet with him. When we went to his apartment, his buddy answered the door with a beer in hand and said he was sick. Then he said, well actually he was my D.D. for last night, but then got in a fight and got sucker punched in the face and so I'm taking care of him. We left and held in our laughter till we were out of hearing. Gotta love mission stories :P 

Brother O'Dell- This is the man who just got married and we just started teaching! We have him set to be baptized April 26th! The lesson was just amazing. He is so sincere and ready. He misses the blessings of the priesthood and going to the temple. Although his baptism doesn't count for our numbers, I don't really care. He is a son of God and is coming back to the fold. I'm just happy I can be apart of it and to see their family so happy. :) it was a very sweet and spiritual lesson. 

Well I think that's all I'll share this week! I want you all to know that I know, this is Christ's true gospel. It has blessed me in so many ways and brought me so much peace and happiness. Do not wait to find out if it is true or to strengthen your testimony. DO IT NOW. Have the missionaries come to your home, feast upon the words of Christ, and do what you know is right. I promise you, as a representative of Jesus Christ, that as do, the Holy Ghost testify to you that it is true. 

Love you all. Thank you for all your love and support. 
Sister Gietz

No comments:

Post a Comment