Tuesday, February 18, 2014

It Feels Like Spring!!!

Hallelujah! The snow is melting and I'm wearing normal clothes again :) it's a miracle. I fear it won't last long though...

So this week was MUCH better! In regards to my emotional and mental health. WHEW that was a doozy but I'm alive! 

I don't have my journal again so bear with me as I try to remember the highlight..

So we went to a care center (one of the branches) and we were suppose to be decorating cookies... but they double booked and so instead of decorating, we listened to a bluegrass band! Haha oh it was fun and funny as well. Good ol' bluegrass haha! I forgot I was in Utah.. 
Valentine's day was an interesting day! But good! We had choir practice and planned and other little things. It was nice though. The night before, we decorated the table with a bunch of hearts and a note for Grandpa and Grandma. Funny enough, we woke up to a nice hot yummy breakfast, a rose and a card! They are awesome. 
We had our musical fireside on Sunday night which went really well. We were in the choir but after the solos and beautiful numbers performed... I didn't want to sing again. They were SO GOOD. There's a lot of talent here and there was just a beautiful spirit in the room. 

Sister Allen and I are getting along really well! We have lots of fun (of course we work too) but it's nice to just be able to laugh with someone. We get quite the AB work out from it too. I'm learning a lot from her and it's great! She is super good at teaching children which is perfect because that was something I really wanted to work on. I read something just today that said you don't fully know a principle or doctrine until you can teach it to a child. Interesting! You should try it! 

We've been getting a lot of referrals but still are a little slow right now.. The work will come though I just know it! I also know we need to get it out there and work for it. 
We met the other night with Brother Graham because I felt like I just can't stop teaching him. There's so much to learn and know and for him to teach us! So we asked what he would like to learn about.. he has quite the list! So we started with Patriarchal Blessings :) he wants to get his and it was just such a nice refresher on what they are and how to use them. We went over President Monson's talk: Your Patriarchal Blessing: A Liahona of Light. Another SO GOOD. Anyways, he is super awesome and doing great! He said he felt like he was on fire for days after his baptism and that it was just amazing. Pretty much, he's a rock star. 

We had a good lesson with Brother Trujillo and things seem to be going.. slowly but surely to baptism. He's got some things that need to be cleared up before we can baptize him but I think his faith is growing and he knows that what we have is true! 
Nicholes hasn't called us back since our last visit :( hope we didn't scare him off. We're still trying though! 

Well that's all I can remember so hope that's enough! Love you all and you are always in my prayers! Thanks for all the prayers that come my way :) they are needed and appreciated. 

THE CHURCH IS TRUE! THE BOOK IS BLUE! AND I LOVE YOU! 
Love, Sister Gietz

No comments:

Post a Comment