Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I'M STAYING!!!

Hello everyone! So this week has been a little crazy but not too bad. So the big news... Sister Kuwahara is being transferred to the North Ogden East Stake with Sister Norton who was at the MTC with me! I love that girl, she's the country one from AZ. I'm interested to see how that companionship goes! So my companion will be Sister Allen. All I know about her is that she was in the Spanish program and I think this will be her first English area, should be interesting!
So good news and terrible news... So in our lesson with Brother Graham, we told him that we need his wife's consent to be baptized. He said that she won't give it although she's been in the mood for signing things. My heart dropped. She's filing for divorce. He really opened up about it and I'm sure we were one of the first people he's talked to about it. We gave our condolences and said that he could get a blessing if he's like. He said he would and so one was given right then and there. So great to have a worthy priesthood holder there on site. The spirit was so strong during the whole lesson. I wish I could describe it but it was just comforting. Later, we asked permission to get him baptized without his wife's consent and President Hiers said yes! We're so excited!!!! So his baptism will be this Saturday :) happy happy happy. 

You wouldn't believe how much Japanese food I've had.. but it's a lot! Haha we're having some again tonight for a goodbye party for Sis K. We had a Sushi night with Ouza (Japanese exchange student) on Wednesday and that was really fun and we had a great lesson on the Atonement before that. It's amazing to think that so many people don't know who Christ is and what he did for us. It made my testimony stronger to talk about it and to teach someone with little knowledge of him about it! 

We had our last lesson with the Guay family :( I will miss them sooooo much. We also had our last lesson (possibly..) with Chase and introduced him to the YSA Elders. I hope it goes well for him, he's never had Elders teach him in the past. We also kind of dropped Brother Ferguson. He's not progressing and has no desire to stop smoking. Thankfully, Sis K did it and not me. She started teaching him so it was best that she end it. I also got some bad news yesterday when I went to visit a family. She wants a divorce because he's been cheating on her for 7 years and is a lazy bum. It's so hard to see families struggle and to look at the kids and think about their future if they do not cling to the gospel. I know I would be a wreck without it. Please keep the Gailey family in your prayers. It's funny being a missionary, people just open up to you and you have to deal with it all. It's like we're portable psychiatrist... Haha 

Finally, someone gave notice to my roots and took us to get Mexican food! Haha the Thomas family took us and it was super good but not as good as back home.. sad. I love them so much and we are now done teaching them as well. Gracie (daughter like 13) wants to go where ever I go haha she's so funny. Her mom told me that Gracie thinks I knew her from the pre-existence and I'm like her soul sister. So funny. I've also been getting a lot of people telling me I look like someone they know. Probably happened 4 times in the past week or two. Crazy... 

Yesterday, Sis K had a leadership meeting and so I was out with Sis Whitfield and Hermana Maldonado again! After meeting with as many people as we had to meet with, we decided to do something awesome... We went to Farr's Ice Cream!!!! It was Hermana Maldonado's first time having ice cream in America and my first time at Farr's! So fun :) 

Well, that's all I can remember for this week! Hope you all are doing well. I think of you when I can and pray for you always. I know that this work is so important because it's true. I urge you to deepen your relationship with Christ and think about how amazing it is that you have the truth so accessible to you. Love you all! 

Love, Sister Gietz 

Pics: First family is the Thomas family. The second with all the girls is the Guay family.

No comments:

Post a Comment