Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Utah Ogden Mission!!

So.. Hello! This week has gone by so fast and so slow. Mission time is so weird... Anyways! We had some interesting experiences this week!

So Tuesday night, we had a lesson with Elijah. He's 17 and is currently living with his grandparents for a reason or two. He is just the most interesting minded kid, it blows me away! We taught him about the Restoration and it was going so good! The spirit was strong and he even cried a bit about wanting to be like his grandparents. We were leaving him with a Book of Mormon and he misunderstood what Sis Allen meant and started to read his homework right then. Dang it. Then... I made a terrible mistake. I asked the grandparents to bare their testimony on the 1st vision... Why did I do that?! The lesson became a whole hour and 15 mins!!! :( ahhhh! The spirit kind of stepped outside and I could tell the information they were spiting out was confusing him. That was an exhausting lesson emotionally and spiritually. Good thing we went to bed afterwards! 

We got together with our zone and boy is it different! We have 4 new Elders and 1 new Sister. One of the Zone Leaders is from England! Shout out to my brother Conner! :) I love being able to serve with so many different people from all over, even though a lot of the missionaries in this mission are from Arizona haha we have 4 just in our zone :P it's awesome. But anywho! It is going to be the best transfer ever! I'm really excited and looking forward to the new changes (which there are a lot but I wont get into them). 

This week seemed to be cancel your lesson with the missionaries week because we had sooooo many! Unacceptable. One Wed. we had all 4 cancel... So we stayed at the Relief Society Birthday Party and it was so fun! We played Minute to Win it games and Sister Allen and I won one of them!!! It made us happy and so did the food :) 

We had a lesson with Bianca about the Restoration again but really focused on helping her to understand the authority of the priesthood. It was a phenomenal lesson and the spirit was really intense. I showed her a quick video ad on General Conference and her eyes literally sparkled. She was amazed. Then, I asked her to go to conference with us. She was so excited and her cousin was even more excited! It was really fun to see how excited they were to be able to have this opportunity. Xochilt (pronounced: So-chi)(her cousin) has never been to conference and so we pulled some strings.. and All 4 of us are going to the Saturday afternoon session of conference!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! :) hopefully we can finally set a baptismal date for Bianca afterwards and that Xochilt and her husband will be more prepared to go to the temple again! What an exciting work to be involved in. Thank goodness for me Spanish speaking companion! Oh and just a fun fact.. A Spanish and English companionship is called Zebra. Cool right? 

Also! We taught a new guy named Logan who's from Montana and is almost done with his Microbiology degree.. or something along that science stuff. He had the lesson outside on a bench because we didn't have another sister with us. The lesson went.. okay. Haha not our best but he agreed to meet with us again. I know we'll do better next time, it's just a matter of better preparation! I gave him a talk to read because he had said he didn't think Mormons were Christians and he doesn't agree that we are to become like God. The talk I gave him is by Dallin H. Oaks called Apostasy and Restoration from the 1995 general conference. READ IT. 

One last thing I want to share is about an experience I had on Sunday. The Gailey family FINALLY came to church. Lexi ( turing 9 this summer ) can't get baptized until she starts coming to church more. So we went into the Chapel a little late and they saw us. We sat on the back row and one by one they came to sit with us. :) it was a precious time for me to finally see them at church and to be with them. Lexi rested her head against my arm and her little sister sat in my lap because there was no room. It was a tender mercy that Heavenly Father sent to me because I dearly miss my beautiful nieces and nephews. I'm so grateful for my family and families all over who are wanting the best for those they love. I KNOW that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the best way for us to have a strong and loving family. I KNOW that we are literally children of God and that he loves us more than we can comprehend. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ who has shown us the way to eternal life and eternal joy as well as has made it possible! The family is precious and sacred. And Satan knows that. That's why it is so important to keep our families safe by living the gospel. 

I love you all and hope you know you are in my prayers. I'm so grateful for each and everyone of you :) 
Love, Sister Gietz

No comments:

Post a Comment